Thursday, November 17, 2005

One step closer!

I did it! It's in the mail! I think it is totally fitting that one of the final steps in this process includes boxing something up and taking it to the post office and waiting in line, etc, etc, which is something I HATE to do. I haven't mailed a box of my own since they invented the internets.

The one hitch in my plan involved the slackers who work at my local Kinkos. I went in there last night and figured I could drop it off and pick it up fairly soon. There were lots of workers who seemed to be standing around and no machines were running... nope, it will take at least 6 hours but I could come back at 1:00 a.m. to pick it up if I wanted to! Um, no thanks. I could have done self-serve but it would have cost $15 more, and once a cheap graduate student, always a cheap graduate student. So I had to go back this morning, when the check-out person tells me that I should check it to be sure it's all there because they didn't have time to check it themselves. Like I do? So it went unchecked.

Wow. I'm so strung out that I don't have much emotion to offer at the moment. Plus I've got to get myself ready to leave the house at 5:15 a.m. for my weekend out of town... I really wish I wasn't going. I want a few days just to rest and catch up and read and all those other good things, rather than chit-chatting with my mother-in-law. So, next weekend will be for resting, then. In the meantime I have to pack and make the house a little less disgusting so I don't scare off my friends who are feeding our cats.

I will pause to "celebrate," however, with a take-out pizza from my favorite place and the new CSI tonight.

7 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

In the mail? Congrats!

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous physics geek said...

Whoo hoooo!
And not even having to use the airport's 24 hr post office. Impressive!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger timna said...

YES! way to go.
I also left for Thanksgiving with it in the mail. when's the defense?

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Overread said...

Hooray! Must have felt nice to get it gone!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Kristiface said...

Hurrah! Congratulations!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger academic coach said...

Yipee, yahooeee, IN. THE. MAIL.

mom-in-law visit doesn't sound like quite the celebration I had in mind for you...

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home