Monday, September 19, 2005

Chapter One: Check.

For once, that was easy. I entered my advisors' suggested typographical changes, slightly edited the conclusion to the chapter, entered a few other random bits, and it's finished! Onward to Chapter Two!

Who knows if the rest of them will be this easy... my memory is that I don't have any Major Revisions to do, which I guess is a good reason why chapters sent to advisors should be in good shape in the first place -- or -- it says that my advisors are not trying to stand in my way by making suggestions that would take months to implement. Either way, I'm happy. We're all on the same Histgrad-Will-Finish page.

So... just to help me get up the courage to open another chapter (this revision process is an exercise in adrenaline production) I'll look at a few of the comments first. Okay, this isn't so bad... "Bravo! A wonderful chapter that needs only a few changes. Nicely argued and written with great evidence." "Real control over your evidence..." "... Central set of ideas holding everything together." "Excellent."

Okay, breathing better now. It seems like the main critique was that I over-stated my evidence in places, which kind of surprises me, since I would guess I'm more likely to be somewhat of a timid historian. [see that previous sentence?? how many times did I qualify what I said?] But that's okay, I can go back in and soften my argument. No problem.

5 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Hurray for getting Chapter One done! You are off to a good start. One chapter at a time -- and the whole thing will be done before you know it.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger HistGrad said...

Thanks, Jo(e)... very good to remind me of my usual approach to All Things Dissertation, which is to work steadily, one goal at a time...

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! ps2 headsets Lung cancer deaths annually Radiator for volvo s60 Headphone safety Playboy bunny hardcore credit cards Black and decker kitchen appliances hpa short term health insurance Digital cameras in accra ghana Kidney disease medications logitech 350 headphones Vitamin and nutritional manufacturers http://www.1965-gmc-truck.info/cz_ci_fiat_126p.html Del deleted dos files recover

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home